Have you found yourself cranking up the air conditioning this summer? Or, do you notice your AC unit working extra hard, yet it is still unable to maintain that comfortable 72F degrees? It may surprise you to learn that the issue may not have anything to do with your HVAC system. In fact, it could be that your current windows are failing you. It could be time to begin your search for new vinyl windows in Union City, CA.
As a window installation expert here at R&M Quality Windows & Doors, I have worked with a lot of Union City, CA homeowners. Having done so, I know that picking out any home improvement products is more stressful than ever before. Why? Well, thank you, internet… Online shopping has opened us all up to approximately three bazillion ways to obtain product information.
Ironically, consumers need to do their due diligence before making a significant investment in their homes; this includes searching the internet. So, to help you in your search for the best vinyl windows, the R&M team wants to help. Keep reading.
Features Found in The Best Vinyl Windows
Picking the right windows for your Union City home is an important decision; it shouldn’t be taken lightly. Here are some key features of Union City, CA vinyl windows:
- Argon gas inclusion: argon gas-infused double-pane windows add extra thermal protection for your home and lift some of the burden from your HVAC system.
- LowE glass: this stands “low-emissivity.” Glass with this option includes a thin, visually undetectable coating which reflects heat back toward its source (in the summer, the sun) while still allowing light to pass through. Essentially, this keeps you cool in the summer and cozy-warm in the winter.
- Multi-chambered structure: interior hollows within the frame and sash protect against heat and cold transfer. This window construction improves mechanical strength and lessens noise. Most importantly, multi-chambered windows increase energy-efficiency.
How to Weed-Out the Options that Won’t Work for Your Home
With all the options out there online, at hardware stores, and various installation companies, how do you choose the right vinyl windows? Here are a few pointers:
- Don’t do it alone. Partner with a trusted installation company that has good ratings, community rapport, and reputable manufacturers (manufacturer names you can trust: Milgard, Amerimax, Simonton, PlyGem, etc.). Trusted experts won’t let you choose poorly.
- Choose a style that matches your home’s architecture, style, and decor. Surely, you want vinyl windows that fit your Pleasanton home design. Choosing the wrong windows can hamper the appearance of any home.
- Avoid single-pane windows. If you’re looking to replace your windows—especially if you’re looking to improve the energy efficiency in your home—one layer of glass won’t cut it for you.
If you are sick and tired of fluctuating temperatures in your home and you know the problem is not your air conditioning unit, let’s figure out if your windows need replacing. New Union City, CA vinyl windows from R&M Quality Windows & Doors can greatly improve the look and comfort of your home. Give us a call at (510) 796.0100 today. Or, if you’re out and about, stop by our showroom, located at 5588 Central Ave. #A Newark, CA 94560. See you soon!