It is a little cliché to make a New Year’s Resolution, I know. But, there can be good in doing so, especially for a procrastinator like myself. A resolution gives me a timeline and, usually, that holds me to it. This New Year’s Eve, I had resolved to address an item in my Livermore, CA, home that was quite overdue: replacing my unfortunate and deteriorating windows.
I had heard from a few close friends and a cousin of mine that R&M Quality Windows & Doors was a great installation company that provided excellent service and top-of-the-line products. To combat my tendency to procrastinate and to set my resolution up for success, I set an in-home consultation appointment with them before Christmas, so they’d be here early this January to get the ball rolling.
To sum up my experience, thus far, I am bursting with excitement. This is definitely going to be the year I stick to my goal: upgrading my home with new windows. I surprised myself with some of my decisions both during the consultation and my visit to the R&M showroom. Before this process began, I had written-off vinyl windows. In my mind, vinyl was cheap, unsightly, and low quality. I could not have been more wrong.
At the showroom, I was able to see and operate various products from big manufacturers like Milgard, Ply Gem, Simonton, and Amerimax. They were all incredible options. What surprised me was how drawn I was to many vinyl window options. And, honestly, this has been a welcomed surprise—because vinyl windows happen to be some of the most affordable. Here’s what I have learned about this material:
- Vinyl windows are highly energy efficient. They keep the hot air and cold winds out, which will keep the indoor temps comfortable year-round.
- Vinyl windows are incredibly durable. They will not crack, rust, warp, rot, or fade in the sun.
- Vinyl windows are luxurious. This was the shocker for me. I could not believe how beautiful the options were! There are wood grain vinyl windows, stained, textured, flat, various colors… I chose the exact look I wanted at a portion of the cost I expected to spend.
- Vinyl windows come with all the glass options as others. I chose frosted glass for a few windows in the kitchen and bathrooms and glazed glass for thermal insulation for the rest of the house.
- Vinyl windows come in every style. I wasn’t limited in my options for style or size at all.
Now, all I have to do is wait until next week when the installation process starts. I can hardly sleep, I am so excited. To pass the time, I’ve visited my cousin’s house and a friend’s (the ones who referred me) just to admire their windows from R&M.
Is upgrading your home on your 2018 goals list? Don’t procrastinate! Call the pros at R&M Quality Windows & Doors today!
For details, you can check Livermore, CA vinyl windows.
R & M Quality Windows & Doors / 5588 Central Ave. #A Newark, CA 94560 / (510) 796.0100